This Cinnamon Allspice Granola is super simple, crunchy, flavourful, and customisable. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Vegan and gluten-free option!
One thing you will always find in my kitchen is homemade granola. Whenever my glass jar is empty, I immediately make a new batch. Sometimes I don’t even finish one batch before I make a new one.
I don’t even bother looking at store-bought granola anymore as it’s incredibly simple and quick to make at home. Also, homemade granola taste amazing, which is the most important thing after all.
Even though homemade granola is one of the simplest things to make, a lot of people don’t seem to know how. Whenever someone asks me for a granola recipe, here’s what I tell them:
- Use any kind of seeds, nuts and flakes (oat, spelt, etc) you either already have at home or can find at your local grocery store.
- Add any sort of spice if you want to, like cacao powder or cinnamon. This is optional though. The seeds and nuts will give a lot of flavour on their own.
- Use a couple tablespoons of maple syrup, rice malt syrup, or another liquid sweetener to sweeten the granola.
- Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes. By then, your kitchen will smell heavenly.
There is honestly nothing more to it.
One of my favourite things to do when making homemade granola is to experiment with different spices. A personal favourite is my Chocolate Chili Granola. But I’ve also made several batches of vanilla- or cinnamon granola.
This recipe is a little bit different from what I usually make. Instead of only using cinnamon, I also added allspice, and let me tell you; the combination is a winner.
Besides being super simple to make, this granola is also healthy, crunchy, and flavourful.
Plus, it’s customizable! Any ingredient can be substituted for another so feel free to make it your own. This recipe is only there to inspire you.
This granola would make the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. Have it with your favourite plant-based milk or yoghurt, or use it as topping for your smoothie bowl.
If you make this granola, please leave a comment below or even better, snap a quick picture and post it on Instagram, tagging it with #themostlyhealthy. Thanks!
- 1 + 1/2 cup mixed flakes or oats (160 g)*
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (40 g)
- 1/2 cup puffed brown rice (10 g)
- 1/2 cup puffed buckwheat (15 g)**
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (40 g)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (35 g)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (50 g)
Preheat oven to 180° C (355° F).
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure the spices are evenly distributed.
Add the maple syrup to the bowl and mix everything well together.
Align a baking tray with baking paper and spread the granola mix evenly out on the tray.
Bake the granola for about 15 minutes or until the seeds and flakes are slightly golden and fragrant.
Transfer the granola to a cooling wire and let cool.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for several weeks.
*Use gluten-free if necessary.
** Substitute with more brown rice puffs.